Blog updates have been scarce recently as I have been busy working on a couple of publications… the first of which has just been released:
This is a hands-on video course packed with practical examples to get you started with Docker.
Here is the course overview video:
And here is a free sample video from Section 2, “Docker Basics” where we take a look at running containers and the 3 different types of “containerized” commands:
and this final sample video is taken from Section 5 – “Running a Web Application with Docker“.
In this clip we build our own web application using Python, pip and Redis, which we will then “dockerize” and ship to “production”:
More detail from the Packt website:
About This Video
- Master Docker commands by creating and publishing a sample web application
- Build and manage your own custom Docker Containers to set up data sources, filesystems, and networking
- Build your own personal Heroku PaaS with Dokku
Who This Video Is For
If you’re a developer who wants to learn about Docker, a powerful tool to manage your applications effectively on various platforms, this course is perfect for you! It assumes basic knowledge of Linux but supplies everything you need to know to get your own Docker environment up and running.
What You Will Learn
- Build new Docker containers and find and manage existing ones
- Use the Docker Index, and create your own private one by using containers
- Discover ways to automate Docker, and harness the power of containers!
- Build your own Docker powered mini-Heroku Paas with Dokku
- Set up Docker on your environment based on your application’s custom requirements
- Master Docker patterns and enhancements using the Ambassador and Minimal containers